If you’re new around here, you may not know that Husband and I are moving to Alabama in November.
We were not-so-excited to find out that Husband was placed in the wrong aircraft class and has to have all of his paperwork re-processed before he can be assigned to a Black Hawk class.
Which means he’s currently WITHOUT a class.
Which means our leave date and entire life went WHOOSH right up into the air.
Such is the army life. It’s frustrating but there’s nothing I can do about it, so I learn to love the “spontaneity.” I’ve written a whole LIST of pros and cons about army life to help me sort out my feelings, especially when crap like this happens.
Husband has since spoken with his base and they have assured him without making any promises that we should still be leaving in November for Alabama.
We will know for certain in a few weeks.
I’m not going to dance until I see ORDERS in his hands.
In the meantime, I’ll still be working at my current place of employment. And possibly for longer than anticipated, if things don’t go well with Husband’s class reassignment.
All of this fun life mystery makes me want to pull my hair out, so please keep your fingers crossed that we’re actually leaving in November!
Because, IF SO, then my last day of employment is a little over a month away.
And I am just THRILLED by the prospect.
Because all of this means that life in Alabama (and full-time blogging!) is that much closer.
No more corporate America for me. That’s what I’m going to say after I leave. That I left my job in “corporate America” to pursue my blogging dreams.
Because I love Shark Tank.
Anyway, since our *fingers crossed* leave date is approaching, I can’t stop dreaming about everything I’m going to fill my Alabama days with.
Which is why I’m going to share some of these things with you!
Things I Can’t Wait to Do in Alabama
- I can’t WAIT to cook dinners for Husband and me. You’d better believe that I’m going to blog about them, too! I can’t wait for this. I love preparing healthy meals, and I have been filling my Pinterest boards with recipes to try. Especially my Nom Dinners board. Follow it if you want to keep tabs on what I’ll be cooking!
- Speaking of keeping tabs, since it’s the greatest thing ever invented, I’m most active on Snapchat (perksofinterest). If you want to stay up close and personal with everything I’m doing, my Snap story is filled to the brim. Sometimes I share life tips and sometimes I share pictures of my cat. You never know what you’re going to get. I haven’t ventured into the realm of Instagram stories, yet, but I do share most of my healthy eats there. If you’re interested in seeing what I’m up to in the kitchen and other parts of the universe, follow me on Instagram.
- Enjoy a snow-less winter. It doesn’t usually snow in Alabama. It can get pretty cold, though, which I still won’t mind so long as the clouds contain themselves.
- I am so excited to work out every single day. This one is huge. You know I love my home workout videos. Well, since I moved back in with my parents, I haven’t been able to do them due to space and lost-remote constraints. I’ve been running instead (remember? I wrote a whole post about running tips!), but since the weather’s grown colder and I’ve grown lazier, even running has dwindled. So, in Alabama, I cannot WAIT to get back in shape. I’ve been saving the best workout videos and routines to my exercise Pinterest board, so follow that board, too. I actually do THOSE exercises more than anything else these days. And I’m going to do ALL OF THEM when I’m in Alabama. 24/7 sweating. Can’t wait!
- I also cannot wait to wear all of my cute new athleisure. Athleisure is a word. I’ve heard it many times. It refers to athletic clothes you wear leisurely. I’ve been building up a beautiful stock of cute, bright athletic clothes to wear around my Alabama house when I’m lunging and stirring pots and vacuuming and blogging about all of it.
- Obviously, I am most looking forward to blogging ALL THE TIME. About EVERYTHING. Just imagine all the things I’m going to write about. It’s going to be so much fun. This space is going to turn into a riot and you are going to love it!
- I will also have tons of time to research new diets to try out for you. I’ve done (and blogged about) the 21 Day Fix, the vegan 21 Day Fix, the 3-Day Military Diet, Quitting Sugar, and the Extreme Georgia Diet. Since I’ve recently pulled this book out of hiding, all signs point to paleo being next on my list…
- I am eager to pinpoint exactly how I’d like to make money online. Because that’s my ultimate goal in Alabama. Generate an online income so that when I come back to Michigan, I can continue to work from home. A money-making idea I’m looking into right now is selling my own e-courses, eBooks (I’ve already written an eBook about anxiety that you can get for FREE right now), worksheets, etc. OR maybe I’ll be an online writing consultant/editor. My favorite thing in the WORLD is editing other people’s writing. I get butterflies just thinking about it. OR maybe I’ll help other people start and build their own blogs and social media presences. The options are unlimited. Maybe I’ll write an eBook on all of the things you can do online to make money. See? Ideas abound.
- Guess what I’m also very excited for? BABIES. I’ve been fanning the flames of my baby fever for months now. Husband and I are kind of trying right now, but we will see if we procure a zygote anytime soon. Maybe my first kid will be Alabama-born.
- I can’t wait to join the army spouse clubs in Alabama. I’ve liked a bunch of these groups on Facebook and they are constantly hosting so many adorable events. I know I’m a hermit, but I’m actually really excited to immerse myself in army culture.
- I’m looking forward to decorating our home. Hopefully Husband and I will have a town home or rent an actual house. We’ve only ever lived in a tiny apartment together, so I’m eager to see what I can do with more space and my lack of design skills. Then, I’ll fly my mother and sister down after I decorate so they can fix all my “mistakes.”
- CRAFT. CRAFT CRAFT CRAFT. You know I like to make my own sculptures and paint dollhouses (among other things). I like to make everything by hand. Big DIY-er here. Anticipate lots of blog posts about the DIY projects and crafts I try/create while in Alabama. I’m already swimming with ideas! So is my Pinterest. In fact, I keep track of EVERYTHING I do and want to try there. Including the best blog tips/ideas. And you know I never pin anything I don’t actually read and find thoroughly helpful. I’m like a sponge – just squeeze me and good information comes out.
These are just a few of the many ways I’ll spend my time in Alabama.
And don’t worry about not seeing me when I leave – you know I’m going to be all OVER my email, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat while I’m gone. If you ever want to find me on any social platform, just search for perksofinterest. It’s the best domain ever because I swoop right in before anyone else can take it and shoop – it’s MINE. Thus, I am everywhere. Easy to find. Easy to follow. Easy to entertain. Entertain me, please.
One thing I’ve learned is that, to be a good blogger, you’ve got to be interesting. To be interesting, you’ve got to be interested. In life. In trying new things. In exploring and experimenting and growing. And then talking about it, of course.
There are billions of perks that come with being an interested soul, and blogging is just one of them.
See what I did there? 😉
Perksofinterest.com for life, my friend.
Do you have any suggestions for me while I’m in Alabama? Anything I should try or explore or research? Let me know in a comment below!